Saturday 11 February 2012

Injured update



So shit got a bit crazy out in Ireland before christmas. For sure the biggest waves i’ve ever surfed. 
Was i ready for it, probably not, but how could you let that swell pass with out giving it a go. 
Lyndon was amped and so was I.
 we were the first ones in the water, it was still a bit messy, but we started towing anyway, i towed lyndon into a few beauties, a little nervous, to say the least, but everything was going smoothly.








It was my turn, the wind started to blow offshore, I had a couple under my belt, my heart was pumping and adrenaline flowing. I wanted to go deeper and get the barrel of my life.
as we were sitting out back chatting away, like frothing grommets on a 2ft beach break, suddenly these lumps appeared on the horizon, “you ready big dick”  shouts Lyndon. “ I think so” i said.
Next thing i know i’m flying down  a 20 -25ft wave, thinking holly shizenburg, this thing is a beast, i was to deep, i tried to get more speed by going to the top of the wave and accelerating down it, as i got to the bottom of the wave it felt like slow motion, everything just slowed down, i lost all my speed, either that or the wave was just going a hell of a lot faster than i was. I didn’t make it into the pit, tons of water piled down on me, square on the head. It launched me in the air, i was wait less for about 3-5 seconds and then the giant washing machine turned on. It frashed me around like a rag doll, ripping my limbs apart, i felt my leg pull in the wrong direction, “ouch that hurt a little” i remember thinking. 
I popped up surprisingly fast to see my loyal friend there to save me. 

My knee was pretty damaged, i could tell it wasn’t good. Im still waiting on my scan results as i was lazy and didn’t get it done straight away. But 2 months down the line now and i’m surfing again. very cautiously, but its nice to get back in the water.  was it worth it   ............. of course it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Our Search sum up edit wins - London Surf Film festival -

Thanks to the talented Mr Luke Pilbeam The Our Search sum up edit has gone and won the London surf film festival for the best short of 2014...